Linked here is Lesley Farmer’s PPT on library data analytics, presented in San Francisco on June 27, 2015. ALADataAnalytics
Want to see how users interface with your website? Try heat mapping, which visually captures where people are clicking and scrolling. For more information, go to http://www.crazyegg.com
A blog for and by librarians interested in library assessment, evaluation, and improvement supported by the Association of Research Libraries
Interested in data analytics jobs? A good source of information about openings is http://careers.analytictalent.com/jobs/search
Please see below a call for articles for a Special Issue of Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange (JETDE) on Emerging Trends of Learning Analytics in the Era of Transparency. The submission deadline was extended to August 15, 2015:
Questions should be directed to the co-editors:
Jui-Long Hung, Boise State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Chih-Hsiung Tu, Northern Arizona University, email@example.com
- Initiatives or analytics in Open Education Data
- Emerging trends of big data and text mining in education
- Learning analytics in formal, non-formal, and informal learning environments
- Data standards and feature extractions in learning analytics and data visualization
- Emerging trends of academic analytics, game-based analytics, and mobile learning analytics
- Systematic review of learning analytics and educational data mining in practice
- Emerging trends of social media interactions and social analytics in teaching and learning
- Case study of learning analytics adoption for supporting educational decisions
- Submission Deadline: August 15, 2015
- Reviews Completed: September 30, 2015
- Revisions Due: October 30, 2015
- Reviews of Revisions Completed: November 30, 2015
- Notification of Final Acceptance: December 15, 2015
- Publication date: December 2015
Visualization is an important aspect for data analysis, both for analysis as well as for communicating a compelling representation of those data.
One effective tool is Tableau; here are a couple of examples:
Books per student, by school level, 2009-2012
Median copyright date of books in school libraries for 2012
The Big Data Innovation Summit returns to the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel this September 9 & 10.
Take a look at the updated schedule here.
As well as a fantastic line-up of keynote speakers from organizations including Airbnb, UPS, the United Nations, the US Department of Labor, Spotify, Pinterest, Ford, Bank of America – Merrill Lynch, Capital One and many more, we are also presenting six exciting tracks that will give you the insight needed to keep up to date with the latest trends and solutions in Big Data.
SuperSaver Discount passes are now extremely limited and only available until next Friday, June 10, so take advantage of this offer today to save $400 on all two-day passes. For more information please contact Hayley Law firstname.lastname@example.org (+1 415 692 5378). Alternatively you can register here.